caluctra
beginner
beginner
Версия LabVIEW: 8.2
Контактная информация:

DIFFICULTIES WITH RS-232

Сообщение caluctra »

HELLO...

Iam currently trying to connect two different computers, using hyper terminal and 2 2.4GHz RS-232/485 RF modems

on one computer, (a laptop) when I type on hyper terminal i can see what I am typing, on the other hand on the other computer (desktop) it wont type.
I did a loop back test on the desktop and it worked, meaning the serial connector is working propertly (i could see what I typed) now as soon as I connect the modem's cable to the desktop to try to connected to the other PC i cant type no more.
I even compared the two hyper terminals on both machines to see if there was a visible difference, and the only diference i saw was (underneeth where it tells you the time it has been connected, the emulation parameter etc.. on the laptop's huper terminal the "NUM" is not acivated, on the other hand on the desktop it is.
I have tried to take it out without luck.
I wonder if this is the problem. :dntknw:
caluctra
beginner
beginner
Контактная информация:

Re: DIFFICULTIES WITH RS-232

Сообщение caluctra »

I am sorry dumb me the NUM means that I have the NUM-locked pressed.

desregard the whatever I said about the NUM.

I still havent been able to make the connection tho.

regards

Pedro E.
Eugen Graf

Activity Professionalism Silver Black
guru
guru
Награды: 4
Версия LabVIEW: 2009
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Eugen Graf »

Hi, num lock is not the problem, forget it.

Look if you installed your modems right and all the settings (like baud rate and parity) in the hyper teminal are the same on both PCs. Do you see your modems in the device manager? Which com ports do they have?

Can you communicate between PC's with hyper terminals using a normally crossover RS232 cable?
caluctra
beginner
beginner
Контактная информация:

Сообщение caluctra »

hello again eg, and thanks for the help.

well on a prevous post I said that I had been able to communicate both modem using 2 PC's with hyper terminal on both PC's. (that was at my friend's house) it was basically connect both modem to the serial rs232 connector and thats it, we had communication.

we set the terminal with:
9600 boud rate
flow control none
stop bit 1
parity none

as i stated before, the modem connected to my laptop i believe is sending the data i type in terminal (because i can see what Im typing on terminal) on the other hand on my destop (i cant, meaning i press any key and it wont type) the modem comes with a loopback connector to test the port and when i put the loopback connector to the desktop then i can see what i type.

thats pretty much the situation I am having.

ps I have meticulosly compared both hyper terminal for differences and have found none.

really :dntknw: what could be the problem.

regards.

Pedro E.
Eugen Graf

Activity Professionalism Silver Black
guru
guru
Награды: 4
Версия LabVIEW: 2009
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Eugen Graf »

Normally hyperterminal doesn't show what you type in.
Only if you connect the Pin2 and Pin3 of the RS232 interface on the other side (I think it's your loopback connector?), than data will be send back to you and will be shown on the hyperterminal.
There is an other setting in the hyperterminal, that names Local Echo, but it's only to show you, what you type in.
caluctra
beginner
beginner
Контактная информация:

Сообщение caluctra »

eg,

I could see whatever my friend was writting on one terminal while he was writting it, litterally instantly, and he (could see what he was writting as well) so that is the main reason why I am assuming that the moden on the computer where I see what Iam typing is trying to communicate, while on the other computer (I cant recieve nor send anything).
(on the other hand you are much more experience than me on this)

I wull play around with the echo to see if that helps.

regards

Pedro E.
Ответить

Вернуться в «Communcation with devices»